Monday 30 August 2010

Inception Junior

It's been over two weeks since I last wrote here! And for good reason, I had nothing to write about. But look at me now! WHEEEEEEEEE!

*ahem*, Lucid dreams.

For those of you who don't know, lucid dreams are dreams where you are aware that you are dreaming, and can then take direct control of the dream. Which sounds like the best thing in history. Seriously. Imagine the sorts of things you could do! I agree, most of them would be perverted, but anyway. I really wanted to experience one, so I did some research.
Apparently it's as easy as falling asleep thikning about lucid dreaming. Basically, what you do, is when something appears out of the ordinary (this could be anything), test to see if you are dreaming.

Electronic devices are very hard for your brain to conjure, so if they start playing up or acting strangely, you might be dreaming. Of course if you have windows Vista, don't assume you're constantly dreaming. It's just shit, that's all.
For some reason, hands never show up properly in dreams, so look at your hands, if they look weird, you're probably dreaming. Yes, probably. You never know, your hands might suddenly become saggy for no reason. it happens to old people all the time. And not just the hands.

So there I was, lying in bed, on my iPhone, browsing facebook, when the screen goes all fuzzy. Bearing in mind my techniques of dream testing, pressed the home button. Facebook wasnt called Facebook, it was called "facebookface", just like that. I looked at my hands, they were all blurry. So I was pretty sure I was dreaming.
As a final test, I tried to push one hand through another. Sure enough, my fingers slipped through like pushing through a loaf of bread. It was SO FUCKING WEIRD. And then i was like "OH WOW LUCID DREAM, THIS IS SO COOL, I WANT TO BE FLYING TO THE MOON AND-"

and then I woke up.

I was so bloody disappointed.

But still, theres my first, crappy, and as of yet only lucid dreaming experience. I'm still waiting for that time when I can dream myself to a planet full of pole dancers.

Anyone else have any lucid dream stories?

4 comments:

  1. wooooooo go carlo
    i just tend to watch my dreams like tv now...
    i cba to do anything to them :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome, I think though finding out I'm dreaming mid-dream would be slighty bad for my mental state, I'd get all scared and stuff :P and I'm liking the fact the slipped conjures up the image of forcing your fingers through the quite thick bread :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. believe i've already told you my lucid dream story:L

    ReplyDelete